GACC - Official Portal




Frequently Asked Questions - Prospective Student

FAQs - Prospective Student

Admission, Guide & Regulations

No, the student pass application processing fee is non-refundable.

All international students studying at public or private higher educational institutions are allowed to work part-time for a maximum of twenty (20) hours per week ONLY during semester breaks or holidays of more than seven (7) days at restaurants, petrol kiosks, mini markets and hotels as long as their student passes remain valid and with the prior approval of the Department of Immigration. International students are NOT permitted to work as cashiers. In addition, in the hotel sector, international students are NOT allowed to work as singers, masseurs, musicians or GROs. International students are not allowed to engage in any job or activity deemed to be immoral. Applications to work part time must be made through the educational institution at which the international students are enrolled. The international student needs to be present with the representative of the educational institution at the Immigration Department of Malaysia in order to submit an application for part time work.

No, you are only allowed to study one full-time degree at any one time.

No, this is not permitted. International students are only permitted to study full time courses in Malaysia with a valid student pass issued by Immigration.

If you wish to withdraw from your course/program in your present college/university and to transfer to another approved educational institution in Malaysia, a release letter from the current college/university and an offer letter from the new college/university are required to support your application for a new student pass sponsored by the new college/university. Your current college/university will arrange for your existing pass to be cancelled or shortened prior to the issuance of the release letter. The student pass is not transferable.

Cost of living in Malaysia will depend on location and your life style choices. The cost of living in Kuantan, Pahang is relatively moderate which is around USD5,000 – USD 6,000 per year including food an lodging. Below is a model of an average living cost in Malaysia:

Accommodation 1300
Food 1800
Local Travel 500
Clothing 600
Books / Magazines 400
Hobbies / Leisure 400
TOTAL 5000










A visa is required to gain entry into Malaysia. All international students who wish to study in Malaysia must apply for the endorsed visa with reference of student pass (VDR) at the nearest Malaysian Embassy / Mission abroad.

In order to get VDR with Reference of Student Pass, student must apply the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) at International Office upon receiving UMP offer letter. You are required to visit the nearest Malaysian Embassy/Mission in your home country along with your offer letter from the Malaysian educational institution, the Visa Approval Letter issued by the Immigration Department of Malaysia and all other relevant documents and/forms duly completed and payment as required by the Malaysian Embassy/Mission for the application of an entry visa.

It should take minimum (14) working days up to maximum (60) days upon receipt of a complete application and payment. UMP will submit your application to the Immigration Department for approval. 

You are required to pay the processing fee upon your online application being made. A processing fee of MYR 100 (USD 30) will be charged for every application submitted. You can make a payment via Telegraphic Transfer / Wire Transfer at any bank nearby by using this detail: 
Payment made to:
Bank Name : Malayan Banking Berhad
Bank Acct Name (PAYABLE to) : Bendahari UMP 
Bank Add : Cawangan Pekan 96, Jalan Sultan Abdullah 26600 Pekan Pahang Darul Makmur 
Tel :09-4228903 
Bank Acc No : 5562 3530 1457 
Other fee related visa application will be collected during your registration day at UMP.